To help me get back into the habit of posting, and assuming you have similar issues to me, here is a list of summer meal ideas.
No 1,000 words of content, no linked recipes. Just a small thing to make your life easier.
You can see my print-out here, and you can read the details below.
Simple Meal Planning
I get exhausted thinking about providing dinner every single night, so I’ve started making a 1-page seasonal plan which includes our favorite meals. I give myself check-off boxes which seem to help me feel like I accomplish something. Make your own or use mine. Or if you’ve got a better system, keep at it!
I’ll be back to my typical content soon. Until then, enjoy this:
- Roll-ups (Tortilla+ham+cheese; meat+veggies+cream cheese)
- Nuts/Cheese/Summer Sausage/Fruit tray
- Turkey/Swiss or cream cheese/granny smith slice/dijon (crackers)
- Curried Chicken Salad
- Tuna Salad
- Fruited Chicken Salad
- Black and Blue Salad (or lettuce boats)
- Hacked Chicken Salad
- Caprese salad (mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, balsamic, salt/pepper)
- Chopped salad (greens, bell pepper, ham, pepperoni, cheese) (2t olive oil + 1t vinegar + salt + pepper + grated parmesan)
- Wedge Salad
- Pasta Salad
- Greek Yogurt and Fruit
Sandwiches and Other
- Gazpacho and cheese bread
- Sesame Noodles
- Good cheese and good bread or crackers
- Cheesy toast on good break
- Good peanut butter on good bread
- Hotdogs + chips + fresh veggies
- Hamburgers + potato salad + fruit
What are your favorite, easy go-to meals? Comment below to share.